CEO, Leo Brown Group
CEO, Traditions Management
EVP, Grand Industrial
Construction Engineering – Purdue University
Management – West Lafayette, IN
Saint Maria Goretti Catholic Church, Member
Saint Maria Goretti Catholic Church Finance Council, Past President
Indiana Health Care Association, Member
Indiana Center of Assisted Living Advisory Committee, Member
Thomas C. Smith
Tom Smith brings 21 years of experience in real estate development, construction and senior living operations. In 2006, Tom and partner, Justin Brown, started Grand Industrial, an industrial construction company. Since the formalization of Grand Industrial, the company has grown to a $60 million per year mid-size specialty general contractor that has constructed predominately in the senior living, industrial, and food processing industries.
In 2006, Tom and partner, Justin Brown started what has become Grand Contracting, a Grand Industrial subsidiary construction company. In 2017 Tom and partner, Justin Brown brought in Steve Eppink as a new partner of Grand Contracting. The company was redirected to provide Grand Industrial the construction services to build development projects produced by Leo Brown Development and/or third-party developers and third-party construction projects to office, healthcare, industrial and retail market sectors.
Prior to 2006, Tom was a Senior Director of development for Lauth Property Group. As Senior Director, he managed a development portfolio of over $100 million including medical office buildings and hospitals in the midwest and southeast. Tom also served as Special Projects Director performing construction services in healthcare, office, industrial and retail market sectors in the midwest. Prior to Lauth, he worked for R.L. Turner Corporation as a project manager responsible for the management of construction projects ranging from $2-$15 million.
In 2006, Tom and partner, Justin Brown, started Leo Brown Group, a development company. Since the formalization of Leo Brown Group, the company has grown into one of the largest privately held senior living developers and operators in the midwest.
In 2012, Tom and partners, Justin Brown and Michael Wagner, started Traditions Management, a service operations company. Traditions Management has grown to a 500 employee management services company providing daily services for the Leo Brown Group developments/facilities in the midwest.
In 2017, Tom and partners, Justin Brown and Steve Eppink redirected Grand Contracting.
Grand Industrial – Construction Operations
- Established Grand Industrial in 2006.
- Grew Grand Industrial into a commercial and industrial general contracting company with annual revenues of $60 Million.
- Provides financial oversight and shared strategic direction of the company.
Leo Brown Group – Real Estate Development
- Established Leo Brown Group in 2006.
- Provides all aspects of the real estate development process including, but not limited to, proforma creation, land acquisition, land entitlement, site design, building design, leasing, permitting, loan closing coordination, construction, and tenant relations.
- Manages a senior housing real estate portfolio valued at more than 280 million dollars.
Traditions Management – Senior Living Operations
- Established Traditions Management in 2012.
- Provides all strategic and financial oversight of Traditions Management.
Grand Contracting – Commercial Construction (third party)
- Established Grand Contracting in 2017.