President, Grand Industrial
Principal, Leo Brown Group
Building Construction – Purdue University
Management – West Lafayette, IN
Phi Kappa Psi Housing Corporation, Member
Logansport Art Association, Contributor
Leo Justin Brown
Justin Brown brings 25 years of construction experience to the team. In 2006, Justin and partner, Tom Smith, started Grand Industrial, an industrial construction company. Since the formalization of Grand Industrial, the company has grown to a $60 million per year mid-size specialty general contractor that has constructed predominately in the senior living, industrial, and food processing industries.
In 2007, Justin and partner, Tom Smith started what has become Grand Contracting, a Grand Industrial subsidiary construction company. In 2017 Justin and partner, Tom Smith brought in Steve Eppink as a new partner of Grand Contracting. The company was redirected to provide Grand Industrial the construction services to build development projects produced by Leo Brown Group Development and/or third-party developers and third-party construction projects to office, healthcare, industrial and retail market sectors.
Prior to 2006, Justin was a Project Manager for his father at Leo Brown Construction (“LCB”) Company, Inc. Justin started work there in his teen years as a laborer and worked his way up to carpenter foreman while attending Purdue University. Upon graduation from Purdue, Justin began bidding and then managing school projects for LBC. Justin began steering LBC to industrial projects which eventually lead Justin to starting his own company dedicated to industrial construction and services.
In 2006, Justin and partner, Tom Smith, started Leo Brown Group, a development company. Since the formalization of Leo Brown Group, the company has grown into one of the largest privately held senior living developers and operators in the midwest.
In 2012, Justin and partners, Tom Smith and Michael Wagner, started Traditions Management, a service operations company. Traditions Management has grown to a 500 employee management services company providing daily services for the Leo Brown Group developments/facilities in the midwest.
In 2017, Justin and partners, Tom Smith and Steve Eppink redirected Grand Contracting.
Grand Industrial – Construction Operations
- Established Grand Industrial in 2006.
- Grew Grand Industrial into a commercial and industrial general contracting company with annual revenues of $60 Million.
- Manages day to day operations.
- Provides development and continuing operational overview of Indy fabrication facility.
- Provides oversight of trucking division Grand Transport
Leo Brown Group – Real Estate Development
- Established Leo Brown Group in 2006.
- Provides on-site problem solving during conception and construction of projects.
- Provides key personnel coaching and management.
Traditions Management – Senior Living Operations
- Established Traditions Management in 2012.
- Provides strategic oversight of Traditions Management.
Grand Contracting – Commercial Construction (third party)
- Retrofit and redirected Grand Contracting in 2017.